Vision, Values and Ethos
We aim to provide a curriculum, which inspires and challenges all learners, promotes a love of learning and enables the development of life skills in preparation for experiences beyond primary school.
At the heart of our curriculum is the requirement that pupils have to apply their learning in a number of contexts, which makes learning active and authentic. The curriculum focus, is to develop pupils’ knowledge, skills and understanding, so that they leave Wilton Primary with skills to take them onto secondary education and beyond with a view to their working life.
We aim to meet children’s needs and respond to interests and experiences through a curriculum that:
- Ensures that every child experiences rich, memorable learning experiences through high quality project based learning
- Promotes a high level of skill in communication, literacy and numeracy and a depth of curriculum that allows for mastery learning
- Promotes lifelong learning skills and a growth mindset
- Cultivates aspiration through motivation and self-belief
- Nurtures curiosity and creativity which feed the imagination
- Recognises the importance of emotional and physical well being
- Grows an understanding of ourselves, each other and the world
As a pupil at Wilton Primary:
- I have the opportunity to be the best I can be
- I have many chances to showcase my talents
- I am supported to foster a growth mindset so that I develop the strength of character to persevere
- I have many opportunities for memorable learning experiences and to develop a love of learning
- I am able to develop my social skills and learn how to use them
- I am encouraged to understand my emotions and learn how to manage them
- I am a school, national and global citizen
At Wilton Primary
- Every child will develop and grow and be encouraged to become the best version of themselves
- Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.
- Together we work to excel and there are no limits to what we can achieve.